An innovative pair of early 1950's Boucheron woven stirrup cufflinks. Each cufflink utilizes a stirrup loop of 18ct yellow gold woven spigot chainthat hooks over the solid 18ct yellow gold bar fitting to close. Frederic Boucheron founded his own jewellery firm in 1858, and was one of the first jewelers to move to Place Vendome in 1893. He died in 1902, leaving the business to his son, Louis Boucheron. A civil engineer who delighted in making items of jewellery that defied conventional structural design. Signed and matching numbers.